Question

Left surround disconnecting when phone connects to 5g wifi network.

• 6 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Oddly enough, either the sub or left surround disconnects when my phone running the sonos app connects to the 5g wifi network instead of the 2g one. 

Anyone faced something like this before? Would really like to be able to use my 5g wifi lol.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Brodo, welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your issue. Let me help you with this.

This is odd. I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Are you using an iOS or Android device? What is the model and software version? This is to check the compatibility issue.
2. Have you tried rebooting your network and all your Sonos devices by unplugging them from the power to refresh the connection?

After checking the steps above and you're still having the same issue, please submit a diagnostic report for us to check. Let us know the confirmation number.

Let us know how it goes. We'll wait for your reply.