Answered

Keep Sonos One's as rears or upgrade to Era 300 for home theater? (moved)

• 16 August 2023
  • 1 reply

(Moved from Ask a Question)

We just bought a house and I'm already planning on how to set-up everything (we won't be moving in until end of Sept).

The living room is non-symmetrical and also has a sloping/varying ceiling height, with roughly 4m ceiling height at the area where the surround speakers would be positioned. Our setup in current apartment is: ARC, Sub + 2 Sonos One's as rears.

My question is, is there a benefit to upgrade to Era 300's? My understanding is that Era 300's wouldn't perhaps work due to the layout (ceiling particularly) and a lack of wall to the right surround speaker.

Please educate me on what would be the best option :D

Attached a picture of the living room (previous owners furniture etc.) and floor plan with intended speaker position. TV would be placed in the same spot as in the picture, with sofa little bit closer to the TV. 

Current thinking is to either have the rear speakers wall mounted to the back wall, or with stands closer to the sofa.

icon

Best answer by buzz 16 August 2023, 14:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

With stands you’ll have power cords to wrestle with. Rear speakers roughly at ear level and more carpet and drapes will help.