Answered

Items greyed out in wifi listing.

• 24 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I am based in the UK and have just had FTTP installed. Part of setting up the Erro router, supplied by my ISP, was to reconnect my Sonos equipment. The Play 5, Play 3, Roam and Arc soundbar  are all connected, over wifi and are working. I have a Sonos sub and 2 Play 1’s that according to then Sonos app are connected over wifi, and in fact are working, as they produce sound.

However in the networking listings from the Erro it shows that the Play 5, Play 3, Roam and Arc soundbar have a full wifi signal, (excellent). However the listing for the Sonos sub and Play 1’s are “greyed out”. I am correct in thinking that as the Arc has a full wifi connection and it is “bonded” to the sub and Play 1’s, it causes this issue? Not a major issue for me, just trying to understand the logic behind it all. The sound for the Lounge surround sound system is awesome.

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 24 June 2023, 18:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is not an “issue”, but as it should be. Surrounds and Subs are connected to a Sonos soundbar via a dedicated 5Ghz link. They get their ip adresses through the soundbar too.

The router is aware of the surrounds and SUB, but their wireless traffic is handled by ARC. As far as Eero is concerned, there is virtually zero wireless traffic to the surrounds and SUB.

Thank you for the replies.👍.