Issues with TCL Series 8 mini LED and Arc

• 4 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I have the TCL 8 Series Roku Mini LED 65” TV with Sonos Arc, everything is up to date firmware and having issues.

First, the sound regularly doesn’t work until I play/pause the show, then it works.  True of many apps on Roku.  I am using the HDMI cable Sonos supplied, with the ARC HDMI.

When I play Xbox Series X, the dialogue is out of sync in the game by perhaps 1 second.  Why would this be?  Does the HDMI cable matter?  Or the length of it?

3rd issue is that no sound comes out of the optical port, perhaps bc the ARC HDMI is now being used? I used headphones with the optical out of the TV but now they won’t work.  Any way to get this to work again?  A lot of tradeoffs so far for the Arc--would I have all the same issues with the Bose 600/900?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Is your TV equipped with eARC?

What are the audio settings on the TV currently set to? Is there a Pass Through option you can use?

What are the audio settings on the Xbox set to? Is Allow Passthrough enabled?