Answered

Issues with no sound on Philips Android TV

• 1 March 2023
  • 1 reply

So I have a gen1 Beam & I've just changed my TV from the Philips 50PUS8204 to the Philips 65OLED707. It's currently connected via an HDMI port with arc.

I've noticed that when I'm watching Sky then switch to an app via the android TV home screen there's no sound. I need to use the remote to put the TV into standby then turn it on again to get the sound to switch over. I’d guess the issue is in switching from an HDMI source to something powered via the Android TV portion although I never had this issue with my previous Philips Android TV.

Any ideas on a resolution or what could be causing it?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 March 2023, 10:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AMcC86 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

First, please ensure that the TV’s software is completely up-to-date.

Removing power to the TV for at least 2 minutes can often resolve such issues - doing so restarts the TV’s software in a way that Standby does not. The 2 minutes is to ensure that any large capacitors in the TV’s power supply have completely drained.

If you have any other HDMI devices connected, please test with them disconnected. If you find that resolves the issue, reconnect one at a time until you’ve identified the culprit, and see if you can disable any HDMI-CEC functions on it (these are typically relating to the TV’s power, volume and input switching).

If none of this helps, I recommend getting in touch with Philips - the fact that you had no such issue with your previous TV certainly suggests that this TV is behaving differently, and counter to expectations.

I hope this helps.