Answered

Issue ading Beam to app

• 23 November 2021
  • 1 reply

My Sonos Beam recently dropped out of my app. I reset the device and went through the process of adding it back to the app.

I got to the point where I got the message “Your Beam has been added, but may not appear in the System tab. If so, unplug the power cord and plug it back in to finish set-up from the system tab

Indeed the Beam did not appear, and also did not appear if I switched the power off and on.

Any clues on how to resolve this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 November 2021, 16:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’d your Beam wired, or is it supposed to connect to your WiFi signal? 

Try this….Unplug the Beam from power. While it is unplugged, reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to finish rebooting, then plug the Beam back in. Again, give it a couple of minutes to reboot and connect, then check your Sonos controller to see if it shows up.

Please don’t reset the device again unless instructed to by Sonos support, more often than not, it merely obscures the issue, rather than fixing it, and certainly erases information that would be helpful to Sonos.