Skip to main content
Answered

Is it possible?

Hi, I currently don't have any SONOS kit but I am considering an ARC + Subwoofer + 2 x Era 300 for surround speakers. My question is if I adopt that setup can the two Era 300 speakers used as surround speakers be used as standalone speakers to play streaming music (as opposed to Home Cinema via the ARC soundbar) or does configuring the speakers in this way somehow prohibit using them as standalone speakers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You can reconfigure them every time you wish to use them as standalone, but it’s not convenient (have to remove surrounds, then add as a stereo pair), and you will lose any Trueplay settings you have. 

Badge

Hi thanks for such a quick answer. Does that mean whilst the Era 300 are in surround mode you cannot  stream anything to them eg music from another source until it is reconfigured?

Not individually. They’re part of the ‘room’ which includes the Arc, so if you stream music, you will stream it to the ‘room’ that includes the Arc and the Eras.

Hi thanks for such a quick answer. Does that mean whilst the Era 300 are in surround mode you cannot  stream anything to them eg music from another source until it is reconfigured?

Music will be streamed to the Arc and surrounds.  You have a choice to set the surrounds to Full (full volume) or Ambient (background volume) for music sources.

Badge

Thanks for all the answers: just as a matter of interest anyone got this configuration currently?