IR Remote Up volume (not down) has stopped working

• 6 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So my remote-not-working issue so far appears to be different than everyone elses.  My Down volume control has stopped working, though Up still works.  I’m pretty comfortable it’s not hardware for two reasons:

1. I have both my cable remote and a different 3rd party remote configured to do the same up/down volume, and Down volume stopped working for both of them at the same time.  Which suggests to me that the problem is on the Sonos side, not the remote side.
  2. If I go to setup a new remote and re-do this one, it asks me to press Up Volume.  When I press Up volume on the remote, the light on the Playbar blinks and Sonos acknowledges the Up press, and says I’m ready to use my remote.  I then try to use the remote, and Up still does not work, but Down still does.

Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

This is a bit odd and unexpected. The choice of IR remote is arbitrary. Try setting both IR remotes to control a 3rd party A/V receiver, then train PLAYBAR. Pick a receiver model that is not in the immediate area. Of course this will not be a good solution if your second remote is already a 3rd party A/V receiver remote. If your second remote is a “box”, such as a ROKU or Fire Stick, changing IR codes will be possible.