Answered

Interrupted sound using Sonos One SL on TV

• 4 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I have introduced a Sonos One SL into the TV room grouped with a Beam. The Sonos One SL keeps cutting out with the TV (but seems fine just playing music Spotify). Wifi is super strong and its positioned close to Beam (which has no problems). I have performed all the recommended switch-offs, switch-ons, it’s unusable pls help!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 February 2023, 23:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The distance between it and the Beam makes no difference, it would only make a difference if it was ‘bonded’ as a surround speaker. When grouped, all data comes from your router, unless you’re using SonosNet.

The TV data is a larger bandwidth signal than most music streams, much like all line in signals. It suggests that there is some level of wifi interference that is impacting that speaker. 

But, this is a guess. Given the lack of information in your post, perhaps it might be best if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks for your response Bruce, when investigating the possible cause of wifi interference i note when checking on hub manager the SL One is connected to 5Ghz (which also has a wifi booster) which could be the issue. Trouble is i don’t know how to change to 2.4Ghz for this device, it just defaults to 5Ghz on set-up! Any ideas welcome!

Well, I’ve no idea what your hub manager is, or the wifi booster aspect, so again, I’d recommend that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.