Answered

intermittent volume control

• 28 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a strange fault with my Sonos Playbase - basically in the afternoon it sometimes stops responding to any of my remote controls to change the volume. I have a TV remote (LG) 2x Sky Q remotes and a Firestick remote all setup to adjust the playbase volume but for some reason around 13.00 to 16.00 every so often the sound base stops responding to any of them. Leave it for a couple of hours and everything is back to usual. I’ve not changed anything in my setup, location, WiFi etc and the system will always respond to the app. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Happy to take suggestions  but clearly it’s not batteries or defective remotes as it rights itself after a couple of hours🤷

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 28 January 2024, 15:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Simonenticknap

Sounds very strange indeed. 
I‘m not sure if the following could influence the remote infrared connection to the Playbase, but is there a high level of sunlight coming in with a special angle that could influence the ir connection? Just an idea as you said it always happens at the same midday time slot. 
Might be worth a try to darken the room and test it. 

I’ll try that but it’s not in direct sunlight at any time  - still I’ll give it a try anyway👍🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Might be an LED light or something too, a bit of switch flipping and checking would eliminate that possibility but the time factor really points to something sun related or on a timer of some sort..