Answered

intermittent sound drops Beam Gen2

• 3 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi,  I have beam gen2 with two play 1s as rears hooked up to an lg c2 TV via earc with a good hdmi cables.  When watching uhd discs via a Panasonic player the sound drops for approx 1 second at various intervals.  I have just submitted a diagnostic under 1287652598.  I have tried with and without the play 1s powered and the issue remains.  TV and Panasonic player are all set too pass through.  I don't notice any drops when watching content via my 4k fire stick .. 

On the Sonos app it shows pcm 5.1 is being used 

Any pointers appreciated 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 December 2023, 18:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Make sure the TV is set to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

Set the Digital Audio Output settings on the Panasonic player to this:

• Dolby Audio: Bitstream
  • DTS/DTS-HD: PCM
  • Secondary Audio: Off

Badge

Thank you, I will check those settings and see what happens if they are different 

Badge

Unfortunately those settings haven't made any difference.

I've just submitted a new diagnostic report under 

1084883522, is this the right place to post the number?

Community members, including @GuitarSuperstar , don’t have access to the data in a diagnostic. For those to be looked at, you need to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 7

@Wrnhfx Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect the Blu-ray player to the TV.

Badge

Hi, thanks for the next suggestion.  Tried all of the above and still have the same issue.  Does the beam gen2 have any issues with particular sound track encoding?. The Sonos app shows multichannel pcm 5.1 when playing 

Badge

Hi again,  as a follow up after I mentioned the track format it made me think that i havent noticed the issue when playing disks with other audio encoding so i did another search for multichannel pcm 5.1 issues...

It seems to be a known issue but its not clear whose responsible or any clear workaround.  I am going to 

A couple of threads on the subject 

Audio cuts with Beam Gen2 + 2x One SL | Sonos Community

Multichannel PCM 5.1 dropping out since 14.10 update | Sonos Community

Thanks again for coming back to me, I am gong to try a couple of suggestions from the above threads to see if anything works