Intermittent Sound cut on the Xs in surround of a Y

• 17 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Problem:
It's been several months since I've been able to use the Sonos Play:1 speakers (WIFI) in surround with my Sonos Beam (RJ45), when I play music on them, every x minutes or tens of minutes there are sound cuts on one of the Play:1s, as if I was running out of network.

If I use them independently there's no problem, I've tried several times to disconnect/reconnect, reset, but each time it's the same problem.

I've also tried maximizing the group audio offset, but nothing (then it's not so much an offset, it's outright cuts).

There's clearly a problem with communication between the speakers.

Apart from the surround (which allows you to have a single "device" playing the music), the "group" functionality is really not optimized, each time having to reset the sound to the same level, having to reselect the speakers to play the music, ...

Solution:

By switching my Beam to WIFI, the problem no longer seems to occur, I don't understand what could have changed, I've neither changed my router nor my WIFI configuration, and the only new interference is from Zigbee devices (i.e. not WIFI).

Well, at least the problem's solved, I was going to ask a question about the resolution, but in the end I share the solution (at least the one that worked for me).

-------------- Translate from
Problem:

Cela fait plusieurs mois que je ne peux plus utiliser les enceintes Sonos Play:1 (WIFI) en surround de ma Sonos Beam (RJ45), quand je lance de la musique dessus, tout les x minutes ou dizaines de minutes il y a des coupures de son sur une des Play:1, comme si je manquait de réseau.

Si je les utilise indépendamment il n'y a aucun problème, j'ai tenté plusieurs fois de déconecter/reconnecter, réinitialiser, mais chaque fois ça refait le même problème.

J'ai tenté aussi de mettre au max le décalage audio de groupe, mais rien (puis c'est pas tant un décalage, c'est carrément des coupures)

Il y a clairement un soucis dans la communication entre les enceintes.

En dehors du surround (qui permet d'avoir un seul "appareil" qui lit la musique), la fonctionnalité de "groupe" est vraiment pas optimisé, chaque fois devoir remettre le son au même niveau, devoir resélectionner les enceintes pour mettre la musique, ...

Solution:

En mettant ma Beam en WIFI le problème à l'air de ne plus se présenter, je comprend pas ce qui a pu changer, j'ai ni changer de routeur ni de configuration WIFI, et les seuls nouvelles interférences sont des appareils en Zigbee (donc pas en WIFI)

Bon au moins le problème est résolu, j'allais poser une question pour la résolution, mais finalement je partage la solution (en tout cas qui a fonctionné chez moi).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I’m not sure what your point is, here, @Alkemist   

When the Play:1 speakers are bonded to the Beam as surrounds, you must have wifi enabled because the Beam communicates on a dedicated 5Ghz link to the surrounds. Even if Beam is on Ethernet, the wifi must be enabled. If you set surrounds to Full rather than Ambient sound, you get streamed music playing from them and from the Beam. 
It’s also worth checking SonosNet is running on channel 1, 6 or 11, and your wifi on a different one of those 3 channels.