Skip to main content

I will never recommend Sonos to anyone ever again

• 6 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I was an evangelist for this brand, and I have to go back to everyone and tell them to stay far, far away.

The new app sucks.  The sonos compatibility with just about everything sucks.  Things that WERE working will just stop, malfunction and never work again.

For whatever reason, my Airplay now requires me to unplug the arc before it’ll even see it at all.  Every time.

Random audio dropouts happen that didn’t happen when I bought the product, or I would’ve returned it.

Since using the new app and installing the Arc update, the Sub and Surrounds cannot be found.  About to do factory reset on everything.

The only reason I got this Arc/Sub/Surrounds that it was easy to use and set up.  Well, it’s only problems from here on out.  Stay far away.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I was an evangelist for this brand, and I have to go back to everyone and tell them to stay far, far away.

The new app sucks. 

After so many years of good experiences, wouldn’t it be much fairer to say “stay away for a few weeks”, to balance out 6 weeks or so of bad experiences?

Userlevel 1

Currently, my surrounds and sub will register in the app, update (the first time), get added to the room and then as soon as they’re connected to the Arc they no longer appear at all and don’t work.  That’s two hours of repeated tries and 3 factory resets.

Random drop outs started about 2 months ago.

If it turns good again, the recommendation will be to stay away because “even after x weeks/months of not working you never know when some random app update will kill your system”

Also it sounds like this has been happening for months to the entire community and I’m just the most recent victim.

Granted, I’m 2 hours into the 4th reset and no working surrounds or sub so i’m pretty grumpy.