Skip to main content

First time Sonos guy here (as soon as I receive the order...lol).  Can’t wait!!  I have a Beam Gen 2 on order, as well as a Sub G3, 2 x Era 100s, and a Move.  But I need a longer HDMI/ARC cord than the one provided (4’ 9” I believe).  An 8’ would be perfect.  There are many Amazon options such as 8K HDMI ARC/eARC 2.1.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced compatibility issues with a non-Sonos HDMI like this one...on the Beam Gen 2.  Everything I’ve read points to a positive outlook.  My TV is not 8K, but that does not seem to affect this cable option.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Any decent quality cable will work fine. You don’t need to worry about 8K support because BEAM does not use video. Go for an HDMI 2.1 capable cable.

I’ve only seen issues when people use older cables (1.8 I think) or cheaply made cables.  I think you’ll be fine with high-end to middle of the road for anything that states it’s eARC compatible (which I believe is 2.1)

Thank you very much.  In your opinion, is there much loss between a 6’ and 10’ cable?  I really need about 8-10”.  

Thank you very much.  In your opinion, is there much loss between a 6’ and 10’ cable?  I really need about 8-10”.  

No. I’ve seen comments about data loss issues with longer cables for video, but not audio.  I’m using a 50ft cable for an Amp, but it’s only Arc, not eARC.  No issues.