Answered

How to settle My Sonos

• 26 February 2023
  • 3 replies

My Sonos Bar + 2 Speakers + 1 bass was installed by a profesional in my previous apartment. When I sold it all my furniture included my Sonos has been in a storage for 2 years. Now I have a new appartment and I want to reinstall the system but I hav no idea haw to do it. 

How can I ge a help; somebody coming to my place or guiding me by phone

A big thank you in advance fo any advice

icon

Best answer by buzz 26 February 2023, 20:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I assume that you simply removed power from the SONOS units as you packed them away. In your new apartment you’ll have a different router/Gateway.

During the initial setup in your new apartment, apply power to all of the SONOS units and wire the soundbar to your router. If you ultimately plan to use WiFi connect SONOS, this wired setup will be temporary. I expect that the old SONOS controllers will find the system. The controller may demand a SONOS system update. If there is a discussion about “upgrading” to S2, pause and get back to us because there are some considerations that we should discuss, otherwise approve the update. If we need to discuss this, please give us the router and SONOS model numbers. Refrain from any SONOS Factory Reset without further consult.

Once you get the SONOS system online, go to Settings → System → Network → Manage Networks and update your WiFi settings. Unless you have a MOVE or ROAM, you don’t need to define a WiFi network as long as you keep the soundbar wired to the network.

A very big thank you for your kind help. As soon as I can start I shall follow your direction. I have only one question:

You say to wire the soundbar to the router. But in this new appartment the router as only ONE connection in each room (and the main box will be very far) So in that room there is only one plug (connected to the router) and it will be occupied by the TV. Any advice?

Thank you in advance. Kind regards

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

You say to wire the soundbar to the router. But in this new appartment the router as only ONE connection in each room (and the main box will be very far) So in that room there is only one plug (connected to the router) and it will be occupied by the TV. Any advice?

You could start with the Playbar in the room where the router lives and wire it straight to the router. Once you’ve gone through the Wireless Setup process @buzz described, you can move it anywhere you want, since it will be on WiFi.

If you’re looking to have the option to wire additional devices in each room (just in general), the answer would be an unmanaged switch like this one or this one.