Answered

how to set up sub in surround sound

• 2 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a sonos arc and amp connected to two speakers and an elura sub. I can run music over the amp and it works fine, but if I try to run the amp as surround speakers the sub stops working. The documentation states that this is what happens when you do this but gives no explanation for why or how to fix it.

How do I run the sub in surround mode?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 2 September 2023, 22:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

There is no fixing it, hence the documentation.  An Amp in surround mode loses it's Line-In and sub out due to the special one way ad-hoc 5 Ghz network setup for low lag connection to the surrounds.

So then sonos doesn't support subwoofers for surround sound?

Not at all.  They support Sonos Subs, or a 3rd party sub if the Amp is used to power the front speakers in a surround setup.

Yes, when the Sonos Amp is managing the front TV HT channels, then a 3rd party ‘active’ Sub can be used, just not when it’s a slave device, handling the rear channels. Oh and of course with either type of setup, the user can use a single Sonos Sub Mini, or up-to two Sonos Subs. (Note: when using two Sonos Subs in the same HT ‘room’, one must be a Gen3 Sub).