Answered

How to resolve "Your beam has been added, but may not appear in the System tab"

• 20 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I’ve restarted and added my Beam three times, and continue to see this message. After powering it off and on again, it never appears in my Sonos app. This is beyond frustrating!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 November 2022, 17:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @liquidswords 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It looks like a communication issue between your controller device and your Beam. 

I recommend you first turn your WiFi router for at least 30 seconds, then turn it back on and wait for WiFi to return before trying again.

If you have any devices that extend the range of your WiFi, I recommend a read of my troubleshooting article:

Finally, it may be a case of electromagnetic interference near either the router or the Beam. A read of our Reducing wireless interference help page should assist.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Hey! New here… had the same issue some minutes ago. On my case, it was solved by disabling “AP Isolation” on the Access Point’s configuration webpage. You may find more info and how to disable it on Linksys APs here: https://www.linksys.com/gb/support-article/?articleNum=135098

Good luck!

Pablo

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @PabloGT 

Thanks for sharing that! 

The AP Isolation is a setting that would induce a communication problem between two devices on the network, and it must be disabled for Sonos to work. Thankfully, it’s a fairly rare setting to be found on routers.