Skip to main content

My subwoofer was previously paired with my ARC soundbar, but today it lost connection and stopped working. I tried pushing the side button on the subwoofer, and it would work for 5 seconds and then dropped. I removed the subwoofer from my arc and am trying to add it back, but now it’s not finding it. How can i add it back and get it to work again? Thanks 

Hi @Chrisk911, I don’t normally suggest a factory reset (of your Sub) but in your case it won’t hurt and might help. Here are the instructions …

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-your-sonos-product

… after the factory reset try adding the sub. Should that not work, power cycle your Arc and try again.

I would approach this slightly differently to @press250. Ensure the WiFi adapter on the Arc (if wired) has not been disabled. Then simply power off both Sonos Arc and Sub for 30 seconds, bring both back online and try bonding the Sub to the Arc again.

I tend to see a factory reset of any Sonos product as being a last resort and there seems to be some options here that are still available to try before doing a reset.

thanks for the suggestions. I did a factory reset of the subwoofer, went through the set up process multiple times as it was having a hard time detecting my phone, but finally it connected and now is working great. it also prompted me for a software update on the subwoofer so perhaps that was the initial cause of the pairing issue.