Answered

How to add an external Bodyshaker Amp (Reckhorn) to an Arc/One/Sub setup

• 29 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I recently bought a complete setup for my Home Theatre to replace my existing 5.1 setup:
1 Arc, 1 Sub (Gen 3) and 2 One (Gen 2).

However, in my previous setup I also used a Reckhorn amp with the bodyshaker/bassshaker connected.

Now I thought ok, easy, just bought the Sonos Amp for another €600 and connect the additional Amp to it, but I found now that it seems it is not compatible with the Arc/Sub/One setup?

Any ideas on how to solve this, how to connect/use the additional Amp to the new setup?

icon

Best answer by Juwei 30 December 2022, 16:30

View original

2 replies

You already have the maximum speakers that can be part of a Home Theater ‘room’ in the Sonos software. There is no way to ‘add’ an Amp to that room, it must be ‘grouped’, which means a minimum delay of around 75ms for the signal, probably something unsatisfactory for your additional sub. 

Put more simply, Sonos is not designed for your use case. 

I now solved this by grouping. Since the shakers are not sensitive to a 75 millisecond delay (you won’t feel that), this is going to work for me. When starting a movie, ie. starting the beamer, I automatically add the extra Sonos Amp to the group of the home theatre and afterwords remove it again from the group. Works like charm.