Question

how to add a wired Sub with an Arc connected to TV and an Amp driving rear speakers

• 19 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I have an arc that is connected to the tv via the HDMI to optical adapter being used as front 3 speakers. I have an amp driving wired rear speakers. These are currently synced via the Sonos app (but I haven’t designated the amp as surround speakers). I have a quality wired sub coming back from another house soon that I want to connect to use this all together for tv and music, essentially HT setup. If I’m reading correctly I can’t use the wired connection for the sub on the amp and then use the amp in the way I’ve described without sync/ timing issues. Anyway around this or am I getting this wrong?

help appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It’s not the timing issues, it’s the fact that when the Sonos Amp is in use as a surround driver, both the subwoofer output and the line in are turned off. When using a Sonos sound bar, there’s effectively no way to use your own subwoofer. 

Hi Bruce

is this the case even though it’s only synced through the amp and isn’t set as surround use? So the only option is to buy a Sonos wireless sub ?..

any other suggestions welcomed

Thanks

If the Amp is ‘grouped’, then it isn’t driving surround speakers, and both the subwoofer output and the line in will function. However, because it is no longer part of the ‘home theater’ room, there will be the delay.

If you’re going to use a Sonos sound bar of any type, your only option is a Sonos SUB.