Skip to main content
When I play music through my playbar the sub is not playing. In the Sonos app there is a Warning message: your wireless network will not support the use of a sub or surrounds with your Playbar.

The IP addresses are different for the playbar and sub. I believe one of them may be on an extended network. How do I get them back together on the same network?

Thanks
The IP addresses are supposed to be different. Each unit has its own. What addresses are they?

If you're using the system in WiFi/Standard mode, the warning message may be prompted by a router that's unhappy with the IP request being proxied through the Playbar.
the IP address is 192.168.1.29 for the playbar and 192.168.1.30 for the sub
Nothing wrong with that. What do the "WM:" items show in About My Sonos System?
just the number 1
So the Sub isn't bonded to the Playbar. If it was, it would show "WM:2".

Do you get the warning message when you attempt to add the Sub to the Playbar? What make/model of router do you have?
I disconnected the sub and tried rediscovering it. It says one of my speakers is using our extended network and they will not work together. That was not happening at initial setup, i'm not sure when it started. If I could get the playbar and sub on the primary network with the TV would that work? It did work at initial setup
Netgear74
Okay, so you have an extender. Sonos doesn't like being split across multiple access points in WiFi/Standard mode. It sounds like that's the issue.

Two options:

- change the SSID on the extender so it's different from the router's

- wire a Sonos component back to the router and put the system in SonosNet/Boost mode
Thank you for your help