Answered

Home Theater Surround issues

• 13 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi!

I recently bought a pair of Era 300’s to have Dolby Atmos compatible home theater. I added them to the system but I’m not sure if everything is okay.

I have:

-Beam (Gen 2)

-Sub Mini

-2x Era 300

I’m using an Apple TV 4K with LG OLED55CX3LA.

The Apple TV is connected via HDMI to the LG TV, then the LG is connected to the Beam via HDMI as well with the eARC slot. The Beam and the Sub mini are using the SonosNet, the Eras are on the Wi-Fi.On the LG the HDMI input sound format is Bitstream, the output is set to passthrough, eARC is enabled, Digital TV sound is set to Auto. The Apple TV is set to Atmos. When I’m using the AppleMusic, I can get Dolby Atmos with the suitable tracks, but when I’m using a streaming service like Disney+, Netflix, SkyShowtime I only get Dolby Multichannel 5.1. I have the biggest subscription on Netflix. When I’m using the streaming services the Eras barely make some sound, when I turned the the lvl up in the Sonos App, the dialogues were barely understandable and the music were way too loud. Which settings should I change and how?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 14 January 2024, 16:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not sure if this is related to your problem, but the Era’s should not be on your WiFi, but should be bonded with the Beam (WM:2).

The App says WM:3, how can I change this?

Userlevel 7

The App says WM:3, how can I change this?

WM:3 is correct. It should not display WM:2.

Make sure the Digital Sound Output setting on the TV is set to Pass Through.

When you play the film Don’t Look Up on Netflix and Black Panther on Disney+, what audio format is displayed in the Sonos app?

Thanks, I managed to get Dolby Atmos. Guess I have to play around with the Sonos App settings to get better results