Home cinema advice needed

• 24 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Good morning.I'm in the process of building a house. and I want to build a home cinema. Should I wait for new sonos product launches in 2024?Will there be a possibility of Sonos making tower speakers one day?or with the new sonos2 app I can have the possibility of individually defining each place on my speakers, for example (1 pair of sonos one sl as surround another pair of sl as surround back, sonos amp and two tower speakers like monitor audio or triangle borea as left and right, sonos five as central speaker.....Thanks

3 replies

Sonos isn’t going to reveal what they are working on until just before release. 

I know I'm just talking about speculation

There have not been any rumors suggesting any of the features you’re suggesting here.  You can google ‘sonos news’ to find out what sort of rumors are out there, and you can judge for yourself on whether you trust information and whether it’s willing to wait. I haven’t heard of any good reliable rumor that wasn’t picked up by media, so you aren’t really going to hear anything elsewhere. 

But in my honest opinion, if I’m building a house with a home cinema, I’m not using Sonos for it.  Sonos is a wireless system, and you can easily wire your setup if you’re having the space built. Even if you want to use Sonos for streaming audio, or the rest of your home is Sonos, then a Port is the answer.