Hearing Aids

• 22 November 2022
  • 10 replies

I wear hearing aids. I have trouble with the sound coming from the 2 smaller speakers as it is the background noise, and the voices are coming out of the sound bar. Is there a way to fix that so the voices come out of the little speakers as well? or reverse it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Unfortunately, no, 

You could get another speaker, and ‘group’ it with the home theater room, and it would play the full set of data, but it would be slightly delayed in its playback, about 75 milliseconds. If you’re hard of hearing, that may not be an issue for you, but for others in the room, it would probably be a challenge.

Currently, Sonos doesn’t really have any great options for those who are hearing impaired. 

Are you listening to TV audio? I know several people who connect their TV to a Bluetooth transmitter and send TV audio to their Bluetooth compatible hearing aids.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You may have your surround speakers set too loud, most of your sound should be coming from the sound bar, the surrounds normally do not play very loud unless the audio source has a lot of surround sound added to the mix.

There is a setting for enhanced speech on the Beam and Arc when playing TV sound that you might try.

Is the any Sonos that can connect to hearing aid Bluetooth??

Userlevel 7

Hi @BillCher 

Sonos does not have a database for the information you are seeking. However, the following speakers are Bluetooth (BT) enabled:

Era 300

Era 100

Move 2 

Roam

All speakers listed must be on your local network. However, the primary use is for Music. So if you are streaming music to the speaker it may be possible to connect a BT hearing aid. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you use a Sonos that has a Line-Out you can connect a Bluetooth Transmitter to that and then sync the transmitter with your hearing aids.

Port and the older Connect Sonos have that. The FAQ finds nothing for line out or line-out.

Is the any Sonos that can connect to hearing aid Bluetooth??

I would check your TV.  Most modern TVs have Bluetooth ability, just connect the TV directly to your hearing aids.

Hi @BillCher 

Sonos does not have a database for the information you are seeking. However, the following speakers are Bluetooth (BT) enabled:

Era 300

Era 100

Move 2 

Roam

All speakers listed must be on your local network. However, the primary use is for Music. So if you are streaming music to the speaker it may be possible to connect a BT hearing aid. 

Thanks

Hi @BillCher 

Era 300

Era 100

Move 2 

Roam

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t the Bluetooth compatible Sonos speakers Bluetooth receivers, not transmitters?  You can send Bluetooth to them, but they can’t transmit Bluetooth to the hearing aids.  

Correct, SONOS BT units are receive only.

Depending on the TV, there are various schemes that can be used to accommodate BT hearing aids. If the TV does not directly support BT, you may be able to use a TV headphone or TOSLINK (Optical) output connected to a BT transmitter. Regular folk can use the speakers along with the BT hearing aids. Note that this does not always work well because some TV’s will block all other audio output if TOSLINK is used.