Skip to main content

I have a Sonos ARC, an Amp with two Architectural in ceiling speakers, and a sub-mini. Initially, they were all connected via WiFI and worked consistently for TV, but they often disassociated as a group when playing music through the Sonos app. I would see the Arc, but not the Amp and Sub Mini (showing ? Instead of the product in the Sonos app).

After reading some suggestions here in the community, I ran Ethernet to the Amp and the Arc. Since that time, the Arc, Amp, and Mini have all consistently been available as a group in the Sonos app for selection. But I started noticing a different problem.

Every so often while watching TV the television would lose connection to the Arc and switch to speakers. Following advice from this community, I removed all HDMI sources and ran just native television apps while connected to the Arc, and the problem continued. I replaced the HDMI cable between the television and the Arc, and the problem continued.

Finally today, I removed the Ethernet cable from the Arc. Since then, the disconnect has not occurred. Even with all sources reconnected, running on Apple TV, XBox, or tv-native apps, the HDMI connection has been reliable.

It would appear that connecting my Arc via Ethernet is causing my HDMI connection to be interrupted occasionally. Has this been encountered before? 

The Ethernet cable is running from the Arc to a switch that is connected to a home run cable back to the router (the same one the Amps are connected to). I haven’t observed the switch being unreliable (it’s also connected to the Apple TV and the XBox).

Thanks for any suggestions!