Answered

HDFury Arcana, ARC, Apple TV 4K (Gen 3) and LG OLED C6 (2017) Settings

• 15 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I just setup HDFury Arcana, ARC, Apple TV 4K (Gen 3) and LG OLED C6 (2017) and it’s all working with little fuss.

I’m on 0.87 Firmware on Arcana

It’s a little glitchy when it all powers on though, but it’s works so far.
Using Logitech Harmony which is hanging in there.

I had set “Sonos ARC” under Audio Settings on the Arcana and that caused no sound, when I put it back to Auto it worked. Maybe I didn’t wait long enough, because hand shakes are slow and glitchy.

So Everything is set to Auto on HDFury (same as Factory Reset, no changes)

Sonos App is showing Dolby Atmos or MultiStream PCM depending on Content.

Is there any settings I should change on Arcana for a smoother startup.

I’m a Little concerned with comments of users saying it’s too glitchy and they ended up removing it.

I don’t mind a bumpy start up, as long as it consistently works.

When powering on, I might see Video, no sound, then it goes black for what feels like a long time, then sound comes on, then Video. That sort of thing. Feels like it’s on the edge of working, lots of hand shaking.

Possibly any tweaks on Apple TV or Sonos are welcome too.

P.S. I also have the Big sub and Sonos FIVE for surrounds. Sounds really impressive.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 November 2023, 19:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Have you contacted HD Fury’s customer support?

Userlevel 7

The black screen is normal when using the Arcana. Although I experience it more with my Apple TV 4K than with my Roku Ultra and Panasonic Blu-ray player.

From the Arcana manual FAQ:

I notice a short black screen / re-sync when starting a content that i didn't have or noticed when connected direct to TV?
All that is normal, you will have the same if you insert any device in between, like an AVR, splitter, matrix, switcher, video processor, and the more device you have in the same chain, the longer this will take, the only way to have that nearly not noticeable is SOURCE > DISPLAY direct since signal goes straight to panel driver. If menu is 60Hz and content 24Hz then there will be a re-sync like for any video format change, if you have SOURCE > TV, then sure you never noticed it but insert any device in between and you will have the exact same, just normal, HDMI re-sync.

One way to lessen the amount of times the Arcana needs to re-sync is by disabling the autoplay previews setting on all streaming apps.

The black screen is normal when using the Arcana. Although I experience it more with my Apple TV 4K than with my Roku Ultra and Panasonic Blu-ray player.

From the Arcana manual FAQ:

I notice a short black screen / re-sync when starting a content that i didn't have or noticed when connected direct to TV?
All that is normal, you will have the same if you insert any device in between, like an AVR, splitter, matrix, switcher, video processor, and the more device you have in the same chain, the longer this will take, the only way to have that nearly not noticeable is SOURCE > DISPLAY direct since signal goes straight to panel driver. If menu is 60Hz and content 24Hz then there will be a re-sync like for any video format change, if you have SOURCE > TV, then sure you never noticed it but insert any device in between and you will have the exact same, just normal, HDMI re-sync.

One way to lessen the amount of times the Arcana needs to re-sync is by disabling the autoplay previews setting on all streaming apps.

I hadn’t notice the black screen while browsing issue until you mentioned it. That is wicked annoying and I do like the AutoPlay. It seems to only happen on HDR enabled previews.

What we need is option to turn off HDR in (Auto Played) previews 😀

I assume any solution for eARC outside the TV is gonna have similar glitches.