Answered

hd fury showing multichannel PCM 7.1 and not Dolby atmos

• 13 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Hoping to get some help in this forum.

i have the input of HD FURY connected to my mac and the output which says earc audio to sonos beam 2 and the display to my Samsung TV which has a ARC port.

when i play movies on my mac the output on the sonos app is showing as multi channel PCM 7.1 which I initially thought was dolby atmos but just found out its not.

i have the latest version of the software and done a factory reset as well but still showing as multi channel pcm 7.1

hoping someone cane help me here to get atmos through hd fury.

Happy to provide more information if needed 

icon

Best answer by Silveraser 15 May 2023, 00:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Which MAC do you have?

For detailed HDFury support it is best to visit the HDFury Discord channel, select Arcana and then follow the Sticky which outlines the info the Tech team require to asses your system and configuration.

https://discord.gg/NXkKEbaN

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Also, make sure that you have updated the Fury firmware, there have been lots of updates. And for future reference, never factory reset your Sonos device in situations like this, until advised, as you delete all diagnostic information stored on your device.

Using a macbook pro m1.

Which MAC do you have?

For detailed HDFury support it is best to visit the HDFury Discord channel, select Arcana and then follow the Sticky which outlines the info the Tech team require to asses your system and configuration.

https://discord.gg/NXkKEbaN

Userlevel 7

@Silveraser What exactly is your Dolby Atmos source? Is it a Dolby TrueHD/Atmos source or a Dolby Digital Plus/Atmos source? Try to use DD+ rather than Dolby TrueHD.

On the MacBook, what is the audio output settings under Audio MIDI Setup currently set to? Also check the “Configure Speakers...” option in the same window.

Hi, so I just bought nvidia shield pro and connected it to the arcana and sonos beam 2. However my sound output now is only dolby digital plus 2.0 and played with a few settings but still not able to get  Dolby atmos.

Can anyone guide me with this

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, so I just bought nvidia shield pro and connected it to the arcana and sonos beam 2. However my sound output now is only dolby digital plus 2.0 and played with a few settings but still not able to get  Dolby atmos.

Did you update the firmware on the Fury?

Userlevel 7

What exactly is your Dolby Atmos source? Have you adjusted the audio settings on the Nvidia Shield yet?

Did you update the firmware on the Fury?

Got it working. I believe by default the transmission of audio from the sheild is dolbydigitalplus 2.0. When I play atmos or digital 5.1 content then it updates accordingly.