Skip to main content
Answered

Grouping Extra Speakers to Soundbase & Subwoofer Causes Crackling and Skipping

• 13 January 2024
  • 4 replies

My TV is connected to a Soundbase and Subwoofer. If I pair ANY of my other Sonos speakers I get crackling and dropouts in the added speakers. Am I doing something that is not supported by Sonos?

@DanVM 

Playing TV audio on grouped rooms causes much traffic on your network and there’s no extra buffer used like in music mode to avoid a lack between video and audio. 
So imho your network performance isn’t quite good enough. 
I suggest to send a diagnosis and to call Sonos support. They can take a look at your network situation and give some advices like changing wifi channel. 

I should have detailed that I have absolutely no issues grouping any other combination of speakers & ports.The problem occurs only when I try to add speakers to the the Soundbase & Subwoofer while they are playing the audio from the connected TV. If I’m playing something on a different speaker or set of speakers and add the Soundbase & Subwoofer to it I have no issues.

Perhaps you mean PLAYBASE? There is no ‘Soundbase‘ made by Sonos.

The line in from the TV is ‘heavier/wider’ than a standard music stream, so it is more sensitive to wifi interference . 

Yes. My apologies. Playbase.