Answered

Getting the most of our my new beam with play 1s

• 2 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Im sure this has been covered so sorry if it's a repeat question but I genuinely couldn't find the answer I was looking for . 

I have had a stereo pair of play 1s for a while and been really happy with them but I wanted to watch YouTube on TV and play music through my play 1s. So I I've just introduced a beam, to connect to the pair of 1s. Here are my questions 😁

If I group them all together, I'm assuming they are no longer playing in stereo? (I need to group them if I want to use them with my YouTube music on my TV)

My play ones are beside my TV and I'm unable to move them for surround sound, would I be better just using the beam for Movies without the play 1s?

If I just want to steam music from my phone, can I have a separate group just to use the play 1s as a stereo pair without the beam and if so how? 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 March 2022, 18:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If I group them all together, I'm assuming they are no longer playing in stereo? (I need to group them if I want to use them with my YouTube music on my TV)

If you group them together they are still playing in stereo, but you will probably experience a slight audio delay from the Play:1s when listening to YouTube music on your TV.

My play ones are beside my TV and I'm unable to move them for surround sound, would I be better just using the beam for Movies without the play 1s?

Because of the delay mentioned above, it would be better to just use the Beam alone for TV audio. But if you can move the Play:1s to the back of the room and connect them as surrounds to the Beam, this would be the much better option so you can have a 5.0 home theater setup.

You might consider getting speaker stands for the Play:1s like this: https://www.amazon.com/Flexson-Floor-Stands-Sonos-One/dp/B0777NGSZG/

If I just want to steam music from my phone, can I have a separate group just to use the play 1s as a stereo pair without the beam and if so how? 

If the Play:1s are grouped to the Beam and not bonded to the Beam as surrounds, you just simply ungroup the Play:1s from the Beam in the Sonos app.

Excellent, thanks for the reply. I see where I was going wrong and getting confused. My group opetion was ghosted out on settings page but I see there is an icon on the "now playing" page that easily let's you group rooms together . 

Thanks again