Skip to main content
Question

GEN3 sub is quieter than before

• 3 July 2024
  • 4 replies

ERA 100 is connected in stereo + GEN3 sub.
Today I updated the Sonos App (Android) and I noticed that the subwoofer is much quieter than before. Regardless of whether I'm listening to music or watching movies on 5.1 Netflix. I boosted the sub to +10db but that just doesn't work well.
ERA 100 and ARC work well.
I uninstalled the whole configuration and reinstalled it, but nothing changed.
It seems that the problem is in the SONOS 2 upgrade!

4 replies

GEN3 sub is not loud enough after the last update. I have it connected to an ERA 100 stereo.
The sub is barely audible, so I increased the volume of the sub to +12db. It's not the natural sound it used to be.
Disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When adding a sub to be connected to the ERA 100, there is an icon (small speaker) that activates the sound of the sub by touching it. It is barely audible in contrast to the ERA 100 where it is also clearly audible!!
I believe that no one from SONOS is reading this, except for idiots who bought their equipment at a fabulous price and are looking for solutions according to the system, God help me, what have I gotten myself into, apart from the advertising campaign, SONOS only has good sound when watching 5.1 and similar TV programs, where all kinds of tricks can be played through the effects. For music, the sound is poor.

There are issues with Sonos Sub as well as third party subs connected to Sonos Amps. Make sure you’ve updated your app and firmware 

The problem started a few days ago after the update.

I have not third party sub
System is Soundbar ARC, ERA100 X 2, GEN3