Answered

Four era 100, sub and amp for 4.1 on Samsung Frame TV?

Badge

Recently purchased 4 x Era 100 speakers, Sonos Amp and Sonos Sub with the hope of setting up a 4.1 system in my living room with a Samsung Frame TV.  Anyone know if it is possible to use these Sonos products to achieve a 4.1? 

So far I believe I’ve achieved a version of 2.1 by connecting my amp to the TV via eArc. I then added 2 x Era 100 and Sonos Sub in stereo. So my System shows 2 Products:

1. Living Room (Amp)
  2. Living Room (Era 100-L + Era 100-R + Sub)

They are grouped on playback and I can control the volume from my phone in a grouped fashion. Unfortunately when I change the volume via the TV it only adjusts Living Room (Amp). So the actual speakers with sound aren’t adjusted. I can’t seem to use “Groups” unless I add more products - the app specifically says I need to have 3 total “Products” to use “Groups”. 

Also, I couldn’t see a way to add the speakers to the amp in stereo. 

Is the right next step to bond the remaining 2 x Era 100 speakers to the Amp in surround. So you end up with something like:

1. Living Room (Amp, Era 100-L Surround, Era 100-R Surround)
  2. Living Room (Era 100-L + Era 100-R + Sub)

Haven’t tried this as I may return the 2 remaining Era’s if this won’t work. Guessing there is more to this given I can’t seem to control the sound with the remote. 

My main concern is not having them all under one Living Room “Product”. Feels odd. Is this the correct way? Is there another way? Can I even achieving what I was hoping to 4.1? Clearly, not an audiophile but hoping to get the best sound I can with this setup.

I know many will mention the correct approach is the Sonos sound bar (Arc/Beam etc)... but unfortunately we don’t have room above our fireplace to install one so thought this might be an option.

Thank you for the help!

icon

Best answer by jgatie 6 May 2023, 16:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

To have 4 speakers connected to your TV, you would need two Amp’s.  Please see the FAQ on this page: https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/amp?gad=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0tKiBhC6ARIsAAOXutnnfU0VQck1vQOKLSuEE2haCt_N_illoe6mmZWrruHgfhOlbCXBAhQaAlnHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Or use a Home Theatre device - Arc, Beam or Ray - for your front channels, with two Era 100’s and the Sub to give a full 5.1 or Atmos system. 

Badge

@UKMedia Thank you for the reply. The FAQ mentions the wired speaker scenario. In my case all 4 speakers are Sonos Era 100 and wireless. 

@nik9669a Thank you as well… as I mentioned. I can’t mount the Arc, Beam or Ray. No room.

@UKMedia Thank you for the reply. The FAQ mentions the wired speaker scenario. In my case all 4 speakers are Sonos Era 100 and wireless. 

@nik9669a Thank you as well… as I mentioned. I can’t mount the Arc, Beam or Ray. No room.

The Amp is for powering 3rd party wired speakers.  The Era 100s can only be used as surrounds with a Sonos Home Theater unit as the fronts - i.e. the Arc, Beam, Ray, or the Amp powering 3rd party speakers as the L/R fronts.