Answered

Firestick and Arc

• 31 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I have a Sumsung tv and firestick pluged into on of the HDMI ports. I just bought an Arc and set it up and plugged it into the HDMI ARC port and the firestick is not working now at all, no on/off, no sound no anything. It was working fine witha samsung sound bar and optical. I can use the samung apps built into TV and the sound works fine though the ARC sound bar just nothing with the firestick.

Help haha

icon

Best answer by jgatie 1 September 2022, 01:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What model Samsung TV do you have? Have you tried plugging the Fire TV Stick into a different HDMI port?

The Arc knows nothing about the source, it just plays what it is sent, provided it is in a supported format, so presumably you aren’t sending it anything.  Have you selected the right HDMI port as the source?  Have you selected HDMI-ARC for the output?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you go through the FireStick setup to connect it to the Arc?

A reset of the firestick may help or there is a link there to the Amazon help forum.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GBVZEZKT6A6LH4UP&ref_=hp_201729510_c_Reset-Your-Fire-TV-Device-to-F

Samsungs are notorious for needing the HDMI handshake reinitialized for new devices.  Remove power from the TV by unplugging from the wall. Wait a minute, then plug back in.