Skip to main content
Answered

Feature Request: Preset (Trueplay) Surround Sound Groups for Changing Room Layouts

• 3 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Greetings Sonosers.

I currently have an Arc, 2 x Ones and a Sub mini in my (TV centric) home cinema set up in a fairly traditional 4x3 meter living room set up (Arc on the middle of the long wall)

I am planning on reinstating a projector screen on one end of the 3m and then place my current long throw projector on the other end to (don’t have the ability currently to install the screen in front of the TV because of the ceiling and the throw ratio of my projector)

Naturally that means my current surround setup sonically becomes invalid because it’s orientated for the other way around. I have an old Beam Gen 2 lying around and ideally, I’d like to place that on the window sill underneath the projector screen giving me a good centre channel + virtual height..

What I would love is the ability to have my Sub Mini and current right surround to be switchable to the Beam (and back) with the current right surround becoming a rear left and allow me to add another Sonos One to be added to be come the rear right for whenever required.

That would offer the ability to switch room orientations/layouts with minimum disruption and equipment and still maintain a 5.1 movie like experience without relying on ungrouping/regrouping speakers.

Any chance Sonos or has anyone Any one found a solution to similar? Appreciate any thoughts and ideas.

Thanks,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Dean_H, welcome back.

I’ve marked this thread as a feature request and forwarded it to the appropriate teams for consideration.

Thank you for the post and keep the ideas coming!