Feature Request - allow Beam and Arc soundbar to have two EQ settings (one for watching TV, and one for listening to music)

• 5 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Sonos beam and Sonos arc sound bars should be able to have two customizable EQ settings. One for when listening to music, and one for when watching TV. 

Two to four times a day I have to change my  Beam and Arc Soundbar EQ. 

I enjoy bass 0, treble +6 when watching TV. 
And bass +8, treble +9 when listening to music. 

my wife gets so frustrated when I forget to change the settings back to our tv eq settings after listening to music,  that she wants me to remove the Sonos sound bars altogether. 

this should be a relatively easy feature, as it appears like the app already knows if the Soundbar is being used for TV or music based on the audio input source. 

Please like and upvote this and let’s get this feature added. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

I would love to see this feature added too.

But if you have an iOS device, you can use the Soro app in conjunction with Apple’s Shortcuts to create a shortcut for different EQ settings. It can be activated with a single tap on the phone or by a Siri request.

https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank you. I’m about to set up a Homepod Home Hub so this will actually be very useful as long as I can use it with my HomePod