Skip to main content

Hello. Good morning. I wanted to make the following query: I have a Sonos audio system made up of: sound bar Ray, two Sonos One rear speakers and the Sonos submini. I wanted to incorporate an Era 300 into that system to have the Dolby Atmos experience. Is it possible? And where would it be better to place it? It is a small room of no more than 8m2. Thank you for your attention. Best regards.

No, you already have the maximum number of speakers in your ‘home theater’ room. 

You could potentially replace your Sonos Ones with a pair of Era 300s, and use the Ones somewhere else, but as it stands, you can not add a single Era 300 to that current ‘room’.

No, you already have the maximum number of speakers in your ‘home theater’ room. 

You could potentially replace your Sonos Ones with a pair of Era 300s, and use the Ones somewhere else, but as it stands, you can not add a single Era 300 to that current ‘room’.

Since the soundbar in this case is a Ray, you can’t actually swap out the Ones for Era 300s, as the  Era 300s only work with the Beam Gen 2 and Arc.  It would make more sense to replace the Ray to get atmos audio.

Note you can can setup an Era 300, or pair, as a separate Sonos room that can play atmos streaming music (not TV), but you can’t play atmos music and group with your existing room.

Oops, great point. Thanks for the correction, sir. I’d just been dealing with a Beam question, and had that in my mind.