Skip to main content

Hi,

Just got one arc + sub + era 300 (x2) setup. I paired them with my phone and tv and they are setup with the era 300 as surrounds. Everything works fine when i play music with my iphone, but when i try to watch something on tv, both era300 seem to not be working at all. It’s weird because i’ve already setup the “music playback” option on the sonos app on my iphone to “full” and they’re still not working. Just to clarify again, they only don’t work when i play something in my tv. The arc and the sub work fine.

I’d appreciate if you could provide me with the following steps to solve this issue.

Thank you

The surrounds are not going to give you the same sounds as your fronts for TV like they do for music.  In “surround” mode, the surrounds are used for ambient noise (traffic, rain, wind) and directional cues (bullets whizzing by, a plane flying overhead).  However, you should be hearing some sound if the source is DD 5.1 or Atmos.  Check the source on the Now Playing screen, when you play something you know is DD 5.1/Atmos, you should see Dolby Digital or Atmos if the source is correct.  If you see PCM or Stereo, you need to change the output of your source device and/or your TV to make sure you are passing the correct format. 

Hi @jgatie 

Thank you for your reply. I’ve checked what you say on my tv but the dolby atmos is already selected by factory on my Samsung tv and I don’t have the possibility to activate it or deactivate it, as I said, it’s activated by default settings. There’s another option which is “not compressed” but I don’t know why i also can’t change it. Any other idea about what’s wrong?

Thank you!

Hi @jgatie 

Thank you for your reply. I’ve checked what you say on my tv but the dolby atmos is already selected by factory on my Samsung tv and I don’t have the possibility to activate it or deactivate it, as I said, it’s activated by default settings. There’s another option which is “not compressed” but I don’t know why i also can’t change it. Any other idea about what’s wrong?

Thank you!

Did you check to see that you are getting DD or Atmos in the Sonos app Now Playing screen? (See bellow):