Era 300 wall mount - Advice

• 4 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello everyone.

I need advice on the positioning of the era 300 , as they are mounted now they are an eye sore and don't like the angle of those.
How would you mount them in this space , it's very limiting to mount them and only place I believe is above the windows on both sides. This way it could be mounted almost straight to the TV (slight angle as the wall arc a little bit.
Can the power cable be extended or just any longer white cable would do to power them ?

I am attaching photos here (don't mind the mess 😃 )

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

There isn’t much advice that can be given judging from the pictures as the space is a bit unforgiving. If you were to wall mount the speakers you would need to follow the guidelines found in the product manual in the FAQ section for the Era 300 on the Sonos website.

At this time Sonos does not make an extended power cord for the Era 300. Using a compatible generic cable would most likely void the warranty. You could use a white extension cord which is acceptable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You are using these for music listening?

Above the windows, positioned to give the best possible stereo image where you will sit when listening, is probably the best you can do in that room appearance wise.

You could almost hide the power cords using a plastic wire channel. There are many shapes and sizes available. I’d run it behind the curtains with a branch coming forward and then up to be behind the 300. Paint to match the walls.

I’m lazy and didn’t paint mine and the paperclip mount is just my temporary first try that worked. I really should peel the self-stick strips and paint to match but I’m lazy.

Userlevel 7

You are using these for music listening?

Above the windows, positioned to give the best possible stereo image where you will sit when listening, is probably the best you can do in that room appearance wise.

You could almost hide the power cords using a plastic wire channel. There are many shapes and sizes available. I’d run it behind the curtains with a branch coming forward and then up to be behind the 300. Paint to match the walls.

I’m lazy and didn’t paint mine and the paperclip mount is just my temporary first try that worked. I really should peel the self-stick strips and paint to match but I’m lazy.

Good suggestion using PVC tubing to hide electrical cord.  I think your reasoning is more appropriate for your setting given the black power cord coming off the Play 5 or Five. For the OP running the cable behind the curtains as you suggested would be the better option. The PVC tubing would draw more attention (IMO). 

I too wondered how the Era’s are being used as the picture suggests “music” listening even though the OP mentions TV in their post?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It's used for both music/tv i also got a dedicated movie streamer zidoo z9x pro for absolutely raw data streaming. True HD and max bitstream of raw 4k blu ray.
The only thing annoying is that mourning them inverted above windows is not being supported yet, 7 months later even tho they promised on that. So I am hesitant about that. Might just wait until it will be supported…
I just don't like the way they ain't angled properly and sticking out on the mount lol.
Only way I could get some sound bounced for side speakers… Unfortunately :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Trueplay on inverted 300s isn’t supported but the 300s work just fine inverted.

In that room it is hard to guess how much Trueplay would help, if at all.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Yeah , I have to do multiple trueplay sweeps sometimes until i get it right , usually being in one spot and not going too high with the phone gives best results and better height channel appearance.

Sometimes it's just so bad that arc can't be heard and just surrounds hitting my ears. 

I find it harder to trueplay with 300 then my previous one's. Obviously direct sound against wide spread harder to balance I suppose...

Userlevel 7

Yeah , I have to do multiple trueplay sweeps sometimes until i get it right , usually being in one spot and not going too high with the phone gives best results and better height channel appearance.

Sometimes it's just so bad that arc can't be heard and just surrounds hitting my ears. 

I find it harder to trueplay with 300 then my previous one's. Obviously direct sound against wide spread harder to balance I suppose...

Have you considered the possibility that your room doesn’t need TruePlay improvements. TruePlay is not a panacea for all environments.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Without true play it’s more bassy - boomy - and sound is not balanced.

Rest of the room is normal shape with walls on both sides even and one side has built in wardrobes on one side. So trueplay helps to compensate with that. It does sound good don't get me wrong but it's nowhere near it can be because of era 300 placement.

Also I don't like the mount I bought from sanus …

I read that they fell of the mount few folks destroying floor and speaker so I am not confident they will be safe inverted on those . Might need to get original ones… My wife wanted to kill me when she seen them , against one Sl's 😂

I'm just purchase stuff and get beating later lol. 

She's like how many more do you need ?!

Ps: 2nd sub is next 😁

Userlevel 7

I’d stay away from Sanus wall mounts. Sanus had issues with their adjustable height floor stands for the Era 300’s at first launch. They would not hold the selected height position and kept sliding down. I know...as I tried to go cheap with Sanus stands, had to return them for a refund and buy the Sonos OEM stands. Lesson learned!