Answered

Era 300 Placement for Surrounds

• 6 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hope you are well folks!

I am trying to understand the guildelines from Sonos on placement  (specifically how high on the wall to mount them.  In the guide is states;

• Era 300 should be placed indoors and have approximately two ft (.61 m) of overhead clearance for optimal sound quality. 

Is this stating two ft (0.61m) is the optimum height as that is how it reads to me?  In my experience I would have thought the ideal placement would be closer to ear level?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 July 2023, 09:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Up until now I read this as “at least 61cm’s”. But you’re right, it does not say that. This might be because the Era needs to reflect sound from the ceiling when playing Atmos. I agree normal surround would need speakers to be placed at ear level, but Sonos might have traded surround quality for better Atmos, or designed a solution in the speaker for this.

Sonos’ own official marketing photographs show them at head height. See images below…