Era 300 mounting holes

• 8 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Looking at the Era 300 it has two holes on the base, that I assume are threaded based upon the way the wall mount is pictured. Is there any resource for the spacing and threading on those holes yet?

Semi related question. When I set up my gf’s Beam Gen 1, we totally weren’t willing to spend the money on the wall mount, so I got L brackets and black screws the right thread for the existing holes. I was at Home Depot, and was able to look up that data on the user guide for the Beam, but it’s no longer there. Does anyone still have a PDF copy of the user guide with that data?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Looking at the Era 300 it has two holes on the base, that I assume are threaded based upon the way the wall mount is pictured. Is there any resource for the spacing and threading on those holes yet?

I was wondering the same thing.  I looked at the Sanus website for their version of the stand and found some documentation and it looks like the screws/bolts  are M5 12mm (page 8, step 5).  That won’t help with spacing question though.

The Era 100 looks like it’s M5 14mm, just 1 screw,  based on similar documentation.

Semi related question. When I set up my gf’s Beam Gen 1, we totally weren’t willing to spend the money on the wall mount, so I got L brackets and black screws the right thread for the existing holes. I was at Home Depot, and was able to look up that data on the user guide for the Beam, but it’s no longer there. Does anyone still have a PDF copy of the user guide with that data?

A Sanus mount...

https://www.sanus.com/assets/products/wssbm1/documents/WSSBM1_IM_200930.pdf

Looks like M5 8mm if I’m reading  that right.

And Home Depot has a lot of options. 

Now I sort of want to build my own stands and wall mounts.

I’d always thought there was a standard for speaker screws. Which escapes me at the moment, but matches the same thread size and count for a camera mount. It’s been ages since I ordered some from Amazon to work in my PLAY:3s. 

Heh. Bless Amazon for saving everything about me.

Looks like the back of the PLAY:3 had holes that were ¼ inch wide, 20 thread count (also known as #10-12, according to the web page) . If I recall properly, I bought them too long, and had to put some spacers in the mix in order to keep the PLAY:3 properly attached to the speaker mounts I was using at the time.

I’d be terribly surprised if this “standard” had changed. 

I don't think there is one standard size, since the stands I saw were using M5. They always seem to be metric based though, rather than freedom units.

I've done a lot of TV mounting and the kits always give you different M- sized screws to use depending on what you need for your specific TV. In fact, I probably have the right screws in a box somewhere. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

When I hung the Beam, I just bought black L brackets.  Worked like a charm and were soooooo much cheaper.  I was glad to be able to look up the bolt size and spacing.  Shame it’s not there anymore.

Heh. Bless Amazon for saving everything about me.

Looks like the back of the PLAY:3 had holes that were ¼ inch wide, 20 thread count (also known as #10-12, according to the web page) . If I recall properly, I bought them too long, and had to put some spacers in the mix in order to keep the PLAY:3 properly attached to the speaker mounts I was using at the time.

I’d be terribly surprised if this “standard” had changed. 

That’s definitely what the old Play:1s and :3’s had, but it’s not that now.  Oh well.  I just realized that I’m not in the market for 300s anyway - all I have is a Gen 1 Beam, and not gonna upgrade that for the ability to get Atmos.  We’re moving to a new place, and I was planning on temporarily reutilizing my Beam and Play:1s in the home theater room until I get the rest of my gear set up.  Then I had a wild hair to get some 300s to try, and maybe avoid the whole effort of setting up my HT receiver, and installing speakers in the ceiling, and hearing partner complaints about my reddish birch speakers, and … but I digress.  Thanks to all who responded.