Answered

Era 300 massive sound problem

• 23 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi,

I have an Arc, 2 x Era 300’s and 2 x Sub Gen 3’s. Me and my daughter were watching a film at a reasonable volume when all of a sudden the Rear Era 300’s let out a massive loud bang and then loud static. I had to disconnect from the mains to stop it. I have restarted the system and things are playing normally. I thought they were blown at first. I’m in fear to use them as my one year old was pretty close and it hurt my ears. Is this just an isolated issue or has anyone else experienced this? I wonder what happened?? All has been working great until now. 

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 23 June 2023, 19:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Sounds like an isolated issue. However, you might run a diagnostic and post the reference ID. Then call Sonos tech support.

Ideally the diagnostic would be run within 10 minutes of the occurrence. That said there may be no residual data available for tech support to review. Talking to Sonos tech support may still be worthwhile to explain your experience and maybe they can offer advice.

If you were streaming the movie the incident could have been related to the streaming server pushing more content than normal. Like a surge.