Question

ERA 300 + BEAM GEN2

Badge +1

I have a question, I know it shouldn't be asked but...

FOR LISTENING TO MUSIC ONLY
I intend to purchase the beam soundbar (Gen2) to obviously place under the TV. To the right and left of the TV, well spaced, I already have the ERA 300, which I listen to mainly for music. If I add the Beam2, again to listen to music, can it work? Am I losing something for Dolby Atmos?

second question
FOR FILM WATCHING ONLY
I don't have anything behind the sofa at the moment, I can't put the ERA 300! So if I see and hear the soundtrack of a film with this new configuration (ERA 300 left and right in front of me and the Beam2 under the TV) can it work? I know I lose the surround effect but at least the stereo and dolby effect remains?
In the future, small, what could I add behind the sofa?
Thank you
Michele

2 replies

1. Yes, you can always group speakers to listen to music. 

2. When listening to the TV input, any grouped speakers will be at least 75ms behind the ‘room’ that the TV/Beam is part of. Some people find this acceptable, others don’t. Remember, the Beam will be playing the front right, front center, and front left channels. 

3. There are lots of options for ‘smaller than the Sonos Era 300’ surround speakers. But I suspect for a pair of surrounds, you’ll want to look at the Sonos Era 100s. Or simply add a second Sonos Era 300. What you can not use is a ‘portable’ speaker, or another soundbar. 
Badge +1

Many thanks!