Answered

ERA 300 as separate mono speakers via line in

• 3 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I need 5 channel INDEPENDENT mono Sonos 300 speakers that accept the line source input WITHOUT mixing or cross communication of the 4 or 5 Sonos speakers……..as if being fed discretely from 5 channel Dolby. Can this be done.

Also I need each Sonos 300 speaker to not operate in stereo mode with Left/ Right coming from each side. It needs to output from each side.

In other words can the sonos 300 operate as separate conventional active speakers?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 3 June 2023, 09:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yes, but the line in on every speaker will be subject to the 75ms delay, as normal with all line ins. Essentially, you’d set each Era 300 up as its own separate ‘room’ in the Sonos software, and adjust the relative volumes. At that point, you’d probably never want to touch the Sonos controller again, lest the volumes get messed up. 

If you’re trying to use this as a video sound system, the delay will be too much, and there is no way to feed a separate signal just to a subwoofer. 

Do you have to disable wifi somehow.. when I try this it picks one input signal and fires it to all Sonos speakers

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You should see multiple line-ins as input source options. Each Era needs to be playing its own line in source. Don’t group them, as this will have all of them playing the same single source. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This has so many potential problems that it begs for an answer to the question: why?

The community could probably talk you through some alternatives.