Answered

Era 300 + Arc upward fires not working

Hi,

Ran into this issue twice, the only way to solve this, is to disconnect and reconnect the surrounds. Tested using the 7.1.4 testtone file

is this a bug?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 April 2023, 13:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

A diagnostic within 15 minutes after this happens will help Sonos to identify if it is a bug. Sonos will not act on a diagnostic that is followed up by a call to them.

A diagnostic within 15 minutes after this happens will help Sonos to identify if it is a bug. Sonos will not act on a diagnostic that is followed up by a call to them.

Until it is followed up by a call….

Diagnostics without a notification to explain what it’s for aren’t normally read, according to the Diagnostics - How do they work? thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Airgetlam You are right. Missed an essential word when typing….

It happens to all of us ;). Me especially.  I try to proofread my posts, but my brain often fills in that word that my fingers miss… 

Userlevel 7

How exactly are you playing the test tones file? From what device? What file type is it? What model TV do you have?

How exactly are you playing the test tones file? From what device? What file type is it? What model TV do you have?

using kodi on a vero4k to play the file and my lg oled c9 is connected to my hdfury vrroom. again it works at the moment after reconnecting the speakers al lot more people are complaining that in same cases the speakers seem bundled and not separate. 

If I play the 7.1.4 Dolby Test Tones all 4 height channels are working using an LG C9 TV, Arc, Era 300 surrounds & Sub.

I opted to use Plex installed on the TV to play the A/V test file from a NAS and the height channels seem fine. LG TV firmware is v05.30.25.

If the issue returns @NjayNL i would perhaps grab a diagnostic and then speak with Sonos Support as mentioned earlier but maybe it’s something to do with the vrroom extractor/splitter, which I’m not using with my own setup here.

If I play the 7.1.4 Dolby Test Tones all 4 height channels are working using an LG C9 TV, Arc, Era 300 surrounds & Sub.

I opted to use Plex installed on the TV to play the A/V test file from a NAS and the height channels seem fine. LG TV firmware is v05.30.25.

If the issue returns @NjayNL i would perhaps grab a diagnostic and then speak with Sonos Support as mentioned earlier but maybe it’s something to do with the vrroom extractor/splitter, which I’m not using with my own setup here.

if it’s an issue with the vrroom it should behave like this all the time, more users have said that reconnecting the surrounds gives them seperate channels instead of combining them. anyways i will grab a diag when this happens again. thanks!  

Userlevel 7

@NjayNL Make sure the TV is set to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

Is the test tones file in Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Digital Plus?

@NjayNL Make sure the TV is set to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

Is the test tones file in Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Digital Plus?

Yes these settings i have and the tones are in truehd. it works fine now for a few days so i will keep monitoring it and make a diag for sonos if it happens again

Please give us the option to turn on all speakers on the era 300. Even when in surround mode. At the very least for spatial music. 

also, turn up the volume but limit the dynamic volume range. I either have to crank them to +10 to get reasonable surround but in loud scenes have them get way too loud, or barely hear them all the time except for a specific scene.