Skip to main content

hi I have the era 100 both of them set up as a surround sound sound with the arc and a sub. The reason I bought the area 100 is so I can plug in my Dj mixer using the auxiliary input with the adapter. So far no luck when I try to play my Dj mixer into Era 100. Sonos support told me I need to buy the specific Sonos line usb c adapter from their site for this to work. Is this true? or would I not be able to play because it’s already part of the surround system? 

Because you have them set up as surrounds, any line in would be suppressed/ inactive. 

According to Sonos you have to use their specific adaptor since it has some sort of encoding on it.  I tried using my Apple usb-c to Aux but no luck.

According to Sonos you have to use their specific adaptor since it has some sort of encoding on it.  I tried using my Apple usb-c to Aux but no luck.

The Apple device is USB to Aux, you need Aux to USB. Not the same, which is why you need the Sonos device. You’ll get the 75ms delay so likely unsuitable for DJing anyway.

I don’t think you are correct.  They are both USB-C to Aux

plug USB-c to era 100 and plug the Aux cable to the other end of the adaptor.

“Connect an audio source to Era 100 or Era 300 using this 3.5 mm to USB-C adapter. Auxiliary cable not included.”

Also I used to plug Aux to my play 5 directly without any delay from the DJ Mixer

Also I used to plug Aux to my play 5 directly without any delay from the DJ Mixer

No you didn’t.  The delay has been there since day 1, and is unavoidable.  There are threads going back to 2005 complaining about the inability to use Sonos devices for DJ’ing.

I don’t think you are correct.  They are both USB-C to Aux

plug USB-c to era 100 and plug the Aux cable to the other end of the adaptor.

“Connect an audio source to Era 100 or Era 300 using this 3.5 mm to USB-C adapter. Auxiliary cable not included.”

LOL one is analog-to-digital, the other is digital-to-analog. This aren’t some dumb piece of wire, there’s actual electronics in there, and using the non-Sonos one isn’t going to get you anywhere.