Skip to main content

Our internet was down for several hours and for some reason, when it came back up, our Sonos equipment did not.

We have an Arc with a pair of surrounds (Play 1)

When trying to get the system up and running again, somehow 2 of the same room was created. The rooms appear in Settings > Systems as follows:

Family Room Sonos (?+?)

Arc SL

Family Room Sonos (L+R)

Play:1

When I open either of the rooms, they both show the same equipment: Arc SL, Play:1 (Right) and Play:1 (left) and they are all connected to the same WiFi network.

If I try to rename one of the rooms, it renames them both so somehow they are linked.

If I turn on my tv, the sound only comes from the Arc (first listed Family Room)

If I select the room via Spotify to play music, the sound comes from the Play speakers (second Family Room)

How do I eliminate one of these rooms and get all three components to play together?

Try unplugging all of your speakers from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and phone.

Is there any improvement if you power down all of the SONOS units, then restart one by one? Refrain from Factory Reset without further consult.

If the power cycle works you might use your router’s DHCP settings to assign static/reserved IP addresses to your Sonos devices. For a lot of folks that had ended power failure and post-update rebooting issues.

Thank you both...I unplugged all three units, rebooted my router and then plugged each in one by one starting with Arc.  Unfortunately, I’m right back where I started.

Any other thoughts?

This should be your next step,remove and rebond your products:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/home-theater-or-stereo-pair-appears-as-not-configured

Are you using voice control? There have been reports of Alexa changing Room names.