Answered

Dual Sonos Sub Gen 3 Not Recognized by Windows 10 / Dolby Atmos for home theater

Howdy,

Confirmed that if casting from cell phone YouTube app to Sonos Home Theater group that Arc and both Gen 3 Subs work. However, after messing with settings in Windows 10 / Dolby Atmos for home theater, I am unable to produce any tones via the Gen 3 Subs when setup is RTX 3090 GPU / PC → LG CX → ARC via eARC.

How do you get Windows to recognize the Gen 3 Subs?

Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 June 2021, 10:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @the_jsg 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

Sure. They are as follows:

Sound Out = HDMI ARC

eARC = On

HDMI Input Audio Format = Bistream

AV Sync Adjustment = Bypass

Digital Sound Out = Pass Through

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you please check what the audio settings are on your LG TV? There have been a lot of issues reported with LG TV's.

Thanks for the reply @UKMedia.

After running DirectX Diagnostic Tool, I didn’t see any parameter for signal; however, the Device is LG TV SSCR (NVIDIA High Definition Audio) and the driver is nvhda64v.sys version 1.3.38.40 (English).

Is there any other detail needed from this tool?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What signal is your PC outputting?

Edit.

Try running Dxdiag on your PC and check the audio settings tab.