Skip to main content
Answered

Dropping Volume Setting

• 2 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a number of Sonos setups connected to my LG TVs via the optical cables.

The TVs connected to the Soundbars keep their volume settings when a TV program is paused or the TV is switched on for the first time. The TV that is connected to the Bean G2 drops the volume level to 0 after a few seconds on pause or when between the TV being power cycled. If I use the TV speakers I don't have the issue, its only happening when used in conjunction with the Beam.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @MartynK, welcome to the Sonos Community!

It’s possible that the TV the Beam is connected to has a setting that automatically adjusts volume and I’d suggest making sure that setting is disabled. Most TVs call this “Auto Volume, though it may be called something different with your TV, so make sure to check your TVs manual.

If you don’t have this setting or it is disabled, then please submit a diagnostics when this issue next occurs and reach out to our support team with the diagnostic reference number for further troubleshooting. The diagnostics will show where the volume/mute command is coming from and why the Beam is being set to 0. It seems from your post that this issue is easy enough to replicate, so doing so and submitting a diagnostics of the issue would be the quickest way to resolve this.

Before you reach out, one test you can perform would be to swap either the Beam to a different TV or to use a different soundbar with the TV the Beam is connected to. If you can replicate the issue after changing devices, then it can help our team narrow down where the issue lies.

I hope this helps!