Answered

Drop off and switching to TV sound

• 17 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Today's issue: Have a beam and 2 Ones, connected beam to router via ethernet and HDMI to arc HMDI on TV. Things tend to work BUT I have 2 issues that keep happening. 1) TV box (android box from Bell) keeps resetting and/or picture and sound stop for a second or two before coming back on OR TV box resets and produces a solid green screen and sometimes a nice bright magenta colour. 2) when listening to music via sonos app all of a sudden the sound will stop playing music and TV will start all on its own. Had Bell technican (I am in Toronto) here this am to trouble shoot new router with direct fiber connecting 1GB service and still having the issue.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 November 2023, 11:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try disabling HDMI CEC in the Bell box settings:

https://support.bell.ca/tv/receivers/bell-streamer.turning_on_hdmi_cec

just tried, but I can’t get access to the advanced settings...not sure why maybe a new or older versions and no not there or somewhere else?

quick update that link does not give me access as that was a satellite TV settings...I have direct fibre and apparently its a different box

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Berger2 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

quick update that link does not give me access as that was a satellite TV settings...I have direct fibre and apparently its a different box

I recommend you contact Bell for assistance, as I could only find the same page that’s linked above.

If they are unable to help, you can get a CEC-less adaptor to fit on the end of the HDMI cable connecting your TV to your Bell set-top-box - Amazon will sell them (as well as others) and they are pretty cheap - just search “CEC-less adaptor”.

I hope this helps.