Skip to main content

Hi, get atmos when using 4K disc but when on prime , app comes up with multichannel pcm 5.1 my setup is arc and two era 300s and LG Oled55c26ld

Where abouts is the Prime App installed, is it an App on your TV, or is it installed elsewhere? Also, what type of audio Input do you get when playing Jack Ryan (any episode from the final series)?

Hi, prime app installed on tv , on sonos app Dolby multichannel pcm 5.1 

Hi, prime app installed on tv , on sonos app Dolby multichannel pcm 5.1 

Is that whilst playing an episode from Jack Ryan as mentioned earlier, because many movies/programs on Prime are 5.1 audio - so can you check again with an episode from that final series.

Here are the general settings required for that TV too. See below:

• Simplink & Auto-Power Sync: ‘ON’
  • Sound Out: ‘HDMI ARC’
  • HDMI Input Audio Format: ‘Bitstream’
  • Digital Sound Out: ‘Pass Through’
  • eARC: ‘On’
  • DTV Audio: ‘Auto’

Hi thanks for quick reply , I seem to be set to all these settings but  hdmi input audio format is greyed out so not sure of that one so still getting same sounds

Hi thanks for quick reply , I seem to be set to all these settings but  hdmi input audio format is greyed out so not sure of that one so still getting same sounds

It’s not really a relevant setting anyway in your case, as you’re using the built-in TV App, but to make them ‘active’, so that you can change their setting, you first need to switch to the input on the TV.

Will give that a try later as I’m just going out is there anything else I can do to get atmos for prime as I’ve done most of the things you’ve said, many thanks for your information as I’m a bit green on some of the settings

Will give that a try later as I’m just going out is there anything else I can do to get atmos for prime as I’ve done most of the things you’ve said, many thanks for your information as I’m a bit green on some of the settings

No, if you have those TV settings mentioned earlier, then im guessing the App should work. Make sure your App is up-to-date and the TV firmware too.

I get Atmos from my LG C9 OLED TV/Prime App when playing Jack Ryan in its original English language (note other languages may not provide Atmos output, at least that is the case with the Netflix App).