Skip to main content
Answered

Disconnected devices after latest update

• 14 March 2024
  • 4 replies

After the latest Sonos update (16.1) my rear surrounds and sub mini were disconnected and I cannot get them reconnected and working again (my beam has been unaffected somehow?). Sometimes it finds them and says they're connected but they don't work and then disconnect almost immediately. Sometimes it just will not find them at all. I've tried all the ideas suggested in app, disconnecting the power adapters, rebooting the router etc. I also have tried reinstalling the app and setting up as a new system but nothing seems to solve it. I even tried rolling back to the previous version of the app but it wouldn't let me connect any new devices without updating it! I'm sort of out of ideas now

System: 2x One SL rear speakers, sub mini, beam gen1. Connected by eArc to LG B2 TV

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I got it sorted. I had to disconnect the beam and then reconnect the other devices afterwards

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Disable the 5GHz radio on your router before installing the next update. This will stop your iffy router from messing up the Update process.

You shouldn’t have to do things like disable the 5GHZ. There are so many answers in this forum like, “go into your router and do XYZ”, “Change your WIFI band” etc. It’s absolutely unacceptable for a company who claim to be plug and play, when they’re far from it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You shouldn’t have to do things like disable the 5GHZ. There are so many answers in this forum like, “go into your router and do XYZ”, “Change your WIFI band” etc. It’s absolutely unacceptable for a company who claim to be plug and play, when they’re far from it.

You only have to disable 5GHz if your router can’t route between devices on 2.4 and devices on 5GHz. If your router routes correctly, it is not necessary.

Its routers that do dumb stuff that are not plug and play.